Friday, May 9, 2014

Remember Mom!


With the approach of Mother's Day I've spent a lot of time thinking about how important my mom is to me. She is one of the greatest gifts that my Heavenly Father has given me She is a greater gift than my quick mind or my athleticism. The reason being that my mom saw the gifts that I was given and helped me to cultivate them. She saw that I was smart and helped me to realize that. She saw that I was a runner and so she took me running. She wanted me to be the best person that I could be.

But the most important thing that my mom helped me to learn was the Gospel. From an early age my mother told me about my loving Heavenly Father. She taught me that even though I was very far away from Him I could still talk to Him in prayer.

My mom also taught me that because my Heavenly Father loved me so much He sent His Son Jesus Christ to earth so I could live again. My mom also taught me about how I could follow Jesus by making the right choices. She taught me that I could be great as long as I made the right choices.

My mother taught me a lot and continues to teach me. She does all of this because she loves me and she wants what is best for me. Oftentimes I take my mom for granted though and forget everything she has done for me and how she has helped shape and mold who I am. I'm sorry for forgetting her and not appreciatin

g her as much as I should, but I'll keep trying to pay her back for everything she does for me.

And even though I will never be able to pay my mother back I am luck that I do have eternity to keep trying. Because another thing that my mother taught me is that I can live with her and the rest of my family for forever. This is all possible because of the Restoration of the Gospel in these Latter-Days. The same authority that was given to Peter to bind on earth and in heaven has been restored to the earth through a modern day prophet.

I know that because my family has been sealed in the Temple by the priesthood authority that we will be able to live together for eternity. I do not doubt that my family is forever for the same reason the Stripling Warrior did not fear death because "Our mothers knew it." 

Remember everything that our mothers have done for us and all that they teach us. They are a precious gift from our Heavenly Father and show how much He love us. Remember Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment